So I did complete the Survivor Mud Run! And I have to say it was so much more fun than I ever thought it was going to be. I went with 2 of my co-workers/friends and we had a great time. It was pouring down rain (one thing I was praying for months it would not do) but honestly it didn't affect my mood.
It was a great reminder to me that if I set my mind to do something I CAN accomplish it. I need to stay focused on the positives in life, on my personal goals and trust that the Holy Spirit is always with me.
Before the race, I was worried about how I would do compared to one of my co-workers who seemed to be in better condition than me due to the fact that I had been injured and unable to train the way I had hoped. But the week prior I kept reminding myself that it was about personal achievement. Doing something outside my comfort zone, living life to its fullest, and just having fun! So that is the attitude I had when I arrived that morning.
I did have a great time and surprised myself by not worrying about my time or where I was compared to my friends or others. I was proud of the fact that I did not struggle too much with the obstacles and yet they were just the challenge I needed.
Now, here I sit, still with the same hip injury plaguing me. My next adventure coming up in less than a week. The Ragnar Race, 15 miles! Running farther than I ever have and wondering how I am going to get through it. Will I let my team down? Will I be the weakest link? Those are my biggest fears. But again, I have to tell myself over and over that it is about Faith, Trust and Perseverance. I need to have faith in Jesus Christ that he will see me through this, trust in myself that I can do this, and persevere through the pain and the tiredness so I can reach my goal because I know the wonderful feeling of accomplishment at the end!
I AM living life to it's fullest this year and I hope to continue to have that attitude for the rest of life. No longer will I sit back and feel sorry for myself. Do I have bad days or moments? Absolutely! But they will not drag me under any longer.
Next, up after this I already have planned a girls day to do a ropes challenge course and zip-lining. Am I scared? A little....okay more than a little. But I am also excited! A great way to build some friendships and stay young.
Hope you are living life to its fullest as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment